>At this time I am not sure what G4GUO is
>planning for PC-ALE in this regard. However under current FCC Part 97
>Rules, ALE can be used in the digital sub bands for two-way digital
>data comm and in the Voice sub bands for SELCAL (and more but not
>digital data comm) and of course Digital Voice contacts after an ALE
>link, so time will tell. In MARS all of our digital data comm and
>Voice comm are on the same channels, at any moment we may switch
>between Voice and Data and back again, it is the nature of MARS net
>operations.

This is true, but the guys on 14.233 are sending voice, image and data
emissions for at least 2 years and no one has complained.  Probably because
no one can tell that they are doing it.  I think that as long as the
primary emissions are F1E, J2E, F1C, and J2C, no one will be cited for
sending F1D or J2D.  At least no one has been cited yet, and as far as I
know, Mr. Hollingsworth has not even received a complaint.  As long as we
comply with 97.101, there should not be a problem.  As I have said,
everyone has turned a blind eye to the DRM and RDFT folks on 14.233.  This
is how it should be.

73,

Mark N5RFX