Its mostly the ham radio operator's use of ALE that I would like to know
more about. With military, I expect it since the main purpose of ALE is
to make things easier for the untrained radio operators. Actually, it
might be more accurate to say the users since the intent is to make
something easy to use for the end user, with minimal trng.

I am not a member of the hf groups. Thats all I need, yet another
group(s) to join. I try to limit it to now more than a dozen at any one
time.

I do some googling but did not come up with any specifics other than the
usual folks discussing this sort of thing. Since you have the knowlege
of the amount of use, perhaps you could share that information.

Rick