ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Thu, 28 Sep 2006 08:22:10 -0000, "expeditionradio"
 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Or should we forge a more civilised digital contesting ethos?

------------ REPLY FOLLOWS ------------

By "we", if you mean yourself, myself and the members of this
reflector, the answer is no, simply because we can not do it.

The one and only way to improve contester's ethical behavior on the
air is for the contest sponsors to publicly disqualify violators. So
far, they have all been *extremely* reluctant to do so. I'm not sure
why this is, but it is.

I suggest writing or emailing the contest sponsors demanding
enforcement of violations. In the case of ARRL-sponsored contests,
write your division director and let him know that you vote and you
will remember how he responded. Encourage your friends to do the same.

Nothing else will do.

Bill, W6WRT

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional