> I assure you it is possible to make BPL-Busting Modes for ham radio.
> Whether or not Mr. Hare and his ARRL buddies want hams to do it, and
> are creating a smoke screen to discourage it, is technically moot.
> Bonnie KQ6XA

Some of this is strategic posturing, same as saying
that "Islam is a religion of peace", as we watch *some*
Muslims kill their brothers as well as non-Muslims
at the behest of *some* of their religious leaders!

One could observe the same paradox about virtually
every religion on earth at certain moments in history
and/or in certain geo-political locales.

The goal of the statement about peaceful Islam is
to empower those who choose to make it a religion
of peace, regardless of differing understandings
as to what the Koran actually teaches.

The goal of taking the most narrow view of BPL-busting
modes/techniques is to prevent BPL-promoters from
asserting that the existence of such modes/technology
releases them from responsibility to cease polluting
RF spectrum.

Life isn't as simple for decision makers as it is for
those of us in the peanut gallery.  Most of us have
served in both roles and can remember the tough choices
and strategic statements.

--

Thanks! & 73,
doc, KD4E