From: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, October 12, 2006 10:13 PM
To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [digitalradio] WinDRM and new USA rules?

>  >> You can use WinDRM to transmit digital voice and images in the
> > Phone/Image subbbands. You can use WinDRM to transmit data in the
> > RTTY/Data subbands. >
>
>I don't quite understand Mark's point about using "data" via something like
>WinDRM. What is "data"? WindDRM sends images and DV, when it us in receive
>mode and is decoding a picture it indicates it is receiving "data". I
>would not expect to be allowed to send a picture in the RTTY/DATA sub-bands.

If you send a file that is not an image, then it can be data.  When
we use the term digital with reference to part 97 we are referring to
the second symbol of the ITU emissions designator.  When we use the
terms data, image, and phone (telephony) we are referring to the
third symbol of the ITU emissions designator.

I did go back an re-read new definition in part 97.3 c 2 and J2D is
included in the modes that are limited to 500 Hz.  J2D is when you
use a TNC or SCS modem connected to the MIC jack or ACCESSORY jack of
a SSB transmitter.  I would say that PACTOR III is in trouble now.

73,

Mark N5RFX

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional