Hi,

I decided to spring the $13 IEEE wanted for the article. It seems a bit
much, but the 'Watterson Model' is referenced frequently and I should
probably understand it. I also probably should have gone down to the
local university library and copied the 12 pages there. For those that
are interested, it's: IEEE Transactions On Communications Technology,
VOL. COM-18, NO. 6, December 1970, Experimental Confirmation of an HF
Channel Model, Watterson, Juroshekand and Bensema.

The channel simulator looks useful, but I need to write one of my own to
fit into my debug environment.

The article by Johan Forrer is very interesting. The Dopplergram he
shows (from G3PLX) really brings home in my mind that the ionosphere
can't just be looked at as a single stationary reflector. Looking up his
call sign on the Internet found me this very interesting site that I
will investigate more later this weekend:
    http://www.jcoppens.com/radio/prop/g3plx/index.en.php

The referenced CCIR recommendation also warrants some further
investigation, I suppose.

I have some reading to do this weekend.

Later,
Artie Lekstutis
KC2MFS

>Artie,
>
>I did a brief internet search starting with the title you
>suggested, "Experimental Confirmation of an HF Chanel Model", and
>found some interesting references.
>
>There is a channel simulator program available for free.  It can be
>found at:
>http://www.qsl.net/ae4jy/pathsim.htm
>
>This article contains a detailed description of an HF channel model
>with CCIR recommendations for values for frequency spread and delay
>times between multipath rays.
>http://www.johanforrer.net/SIMULR/index.html
>
>Another good article with many references is:
>http://www.hfindustry.com/HF%20Simulator/chansim.pdf
>
>I would be interested in discussing these articles if you find them
>useful.
>
>Happy reading!
>
>Ed
>WB6YTE