one of my projects up here is trying to convince people that it would be a good idEA TO MAKE A "hotspot of the whole of bayfeild county .... as is now being done in places like philadelphia, Milwaukee and Minneapolis.  This project might be a neat one for hams in places threatened with BPL.

harv

On 10/17/06, kd4e <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Strange as it seems, I have been using Linux as my ONLY home operating system since 1991 and have never needed any MS OS applications except for a few amateur radio applications.
>
> Most Linux applications have been easy to install and operate. Only lately have I excerienced a Linux applications that was a long time coming when the MS applications had been available for 2 or more years and to date I have been unable to get the applications to run.
>
> Thus of the thousands of Linux applications I have and do run, only one is giving me problems that I or a local Linux guru can't figure out.
>
> Concerning updates, my major computer at home has been running the same version of a Linux distribution that is 5 years old. My computer runs 24X7 and except for the times that my UPS batteries ran down, the computer (actually computers) and network has stayed up.
>
> I'm really sold on Linux.
>
> Walt/K5YFW

The newest version of WINE, which allows one to run
MS apps under Linux, is said to be very stable and
to work exceptionally well.

I have been using Linux continuously since the
mid-90's and enjoy being able to open and look at
viruses that would cripple a MS system!

--

Thanks! & 73,
doc, KD4E

Need a Digital mode QSO? Connect to  Telnet://cluster.dynalias.org