> Rick, KV9U wrote:

> "...Unfortunately, it did so in a way that also limits J2D
> emissions -- data sent by modulating an SSB transmitter --
> to 500 Hz bandwidth."
> Can anyone explain for sure what the FCC has decided?

Hi Rick,

It would be a huge step backward for the Amateur Radio Service in USA
if FCC were to limit Data transmissions to less than 500Hz bandwidth!

It seems very odd for this to happen in one of USA's largest HF bands,
the 80meter band... this is a band where we have enough spectrum
available to easily support some 10kHz bandwidth transmissions!

But, considering the fact that the R&O contains several other factual
errors and direct contraditions with other FCC rules, perhaps they
will fix all these things before they turn them into actual rules.

The new rules are still a mystery at this point.

Bonnie KQ6XA

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: