From: "DuBose Walt Civ AETC CONS/LGCA" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <digitalradio@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Monday, October 23, 2006 1:27 PM
Subject: RE: [digitalradio] 3kHz or 500Hz Re: Updates on effect of FCC R&O

> I don't see much use for a very high throughput, very robust data mode
that requires 6-10 KHz of bandwidth as being used by me except when I am
working disaster relief and for perhaps traiining nets.  If I have that
capability, good amateur radio practices would cause me to use only the mode
and bandwidth I need for my communications.  If I am just chatting, I am
going to use a narrow mode designed for chatting.  If I send a picture of my
hamshack I want to sent it fast and get back to a narrow chat mode.

> But when there is a disaster and I am working disaster relief
communications, I would like to be able to have that very high throughput
and very robust mode available and have practiced using it before hand.

> I don't try to have a QSO with a buddies during a contest weekend because
those who are contesting want to use the band...I can wait until the next
day/weekend.  If I really need to talk to them, I can call them on the
phone.  If there is an emergency/disaster, I would expect that contestors
would allow the required nets space.

> Let's begin thinking about what we can do and what we should do in amateur
radio...not just thinking one way...be flexable.

> Walt/K5YFW

etc
> etc ad nasuem.   I have lived and worked in parts of the world that such
> activities made the dx portion of bands completely unuseable.  And dont
say
> that there are filters to take care of that!  Filter are designed to pass
> small portion of the spectrum, but that doesnt mean those intefering
signals
> are not setting right in the pass band.    If the FCC follows thru with
> their announcement on 80 meters,  SSB and other 3khz signals are going to
> ruin a whole lot more spectrum for the CW and narrow band digital ops, not
> only here but in other countries that are being intefered with, in
spectrum
> they now use for PSK and rtty, not to mention CW.
>
> It is quite clear that more and more operators are being licensed that
dont
> know CW, dont want to Know CW, and would just as soon see it disappear, so
> they can have THEIR SSB or other mode communications.  Sadly the FCC  is
not
> only dumbing down the tests, but many of the operators who are joining are
> ignorant of "what was" and dont really care.  It is, after all, the ME
> GENERATION.  I for one, am not going silently into the dusk.
>

> Danny Douglas N7DC
> ex WN5QMX ET2US WA5UKR ET3USA
> SV0WPP VS6DD N7DC/YV5 G5CTB all
> DX 2-6 years each.
> moderator  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

10/20/2006

> Need a Digital mode QSO? Connect to  Telnet://cluster.dynalias.org
>
> Other areas of interest:

discussion)

> Yahoo! Groups Links
>

> Need a Digital mode QSO? Connect to  Telnet://cluster.dynalias.org
>
> Other areas of interest:

discussion)

> Yahoo! Groups Links
>

> --