Rein,

You are of course correct, and I do mention PSKmail quite often, but
think of it as a mail system. If this was on MS-OS, it would likely
become quite popular. I do plan to eventually have Linux again someday,
although quite frankly, Linux OS is just not good enough for folks like
me who expect something at least equal to MS-OS in terms of driver
support, quality of on screen fonts, multimedia support, color
management support, etc.

It is getting a lot better, but I just can not switch over and a dual
boot system leaves a lot to be desired. A Live disk is pretty hopeless
for practical use, but can be useful to see how things are progressing.

I recently tried Open Linspire, openSUSE, and Kubuntu and they all had
problems. One thing that Linux simply has to get right is being able to
access the other files you already have on your system. Interestingly,
only OpenLinpire could do that from a live disk. Also, being able to
change the monitor scereen resolution with a live disk.

Hopefully, someone will come up with not only a Windows version of an
ARQ PSK, but also versions of MFSK16 and also even faster modes such as
PSK220 which screams right along if you have reasonably good conditions.

Rein Couperus wrote:

>>In order to have a really robust and accurate mode, I would like to see
>>an ARQ mode 500 Hz or less. This would allow for a good throughput and
>>error free data and images, etc. Consider that you can get at least four
>>500 Hz signals in the width of one voice signal.  The 100 KHz digital/CW
>>area of 80 meters could nearly handle 2 signals per kilohertz or close
>>to 200 simultaenous contacts which is actually greater than the 400 KHz
>>voice carrying capacity of the expanded phone bands
>>

>Try PSKmail.... it has an ARQ k-to-k mode and uses only 120 Hz bandwidth.
>It reaches PSK31 typing speed with 0% errors.
>
>73,
>
>Rein Pa0R.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional