Bruce,

I get it.  Chill out.  It's only one test station in California, so why
bother?!
Besides he scanned the frequency range for weeks prior to testing,
and heard nothing at all...zip, nada.  Of course, the band wasn't open then
either.

In addition, I rather doubt an AM station would even notice his low level
signal.  Keep in mind that
although it is 100 watts, it is spread out over as much as 200 kHz.  If they
heard it at all, they would probably think mit was some weak background
noise.

Here is his latest update as of today from KD6OZH:

I had to take down the antennas to fumigate the house for termites, so I'll
be puttng them back up in the next few days. In the mean time, I'm writing
some new software. I've been using a program to generate a .wav file to
program the arbitrary waveform generator that modulates a signal geneator
for the 6 m test signal. The new program will decode that file and could be
the basis of a software modem that might work at up to 128 kbps with 96 ksps
sound cards.

John

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional