so does this mean, that running the 80m phone band down to 3600, that all digi
must use the segment from 3500 to 3500? sharing with CW at the lower end, or
can digi co-exist with SSB from 3600 to whatever?

I can't see other countries changing operating habits, moving RTTY and CW nets
below 3600 from where they are now, between 3600 and 3650.
In Canada, we have been using the segment from 3700 to 4000 for SSB , and all
other modes below 3700. There are a number of national and local SSB nets
between 3725 and 3750 which meet nightly.

John
VE5MU