This is very good news that you can run Irfanview. This is my main
"quick" viewer that I have used for many years and find it about the
best there is. And if you can actually run Multipsk under Wine, that
solves a major problem too.

By now I would have expected someone to have a web site or some other
information source to walk hams through this and to show what can be done.