DuBose Walt Civ AETC CONS/LGCA wrote:

>  Jose,
>
>  This is what I have been saying for a couple of years now.

Se we are not alone.

>  Research done by "independent research laboratories and universities"
>  confirm that the best bet to increase throughput and robustness on HF
>  channel modems is to use parallel tone modems.

I just cite the examples I have seen. DVB, DRM, IBOC, WiMax, etc, etc

I have another non ionospheric related example: Wavelength Division
Multiplex (WDM) on fiber optic links.
Optical fibers do not not suffer from doppler, but do suffer dispersion
and ISI.

>  I believe that the Russian modem you speak of is their 96 parallel
>  tone modem...but it requires more than 3-4 KHz of bandwidth.

93 tones with a pilot on 3.1 kHz. But there is enough bandwidth for it
to pass
thru a russian 500 kHz, 3.1 kHz wide mechanical filter with some carrier
frequency tweaking on the radio...or using a software defined radio.

It would be curious to know how that green box is built...

73, Jose

XIII Convención Científica de Ingeniería y Arquitectura
28/noviembre al 1/diciembre de 2006
Cujae, Ciudad de la Habana, Cuba
http://www.cujae.edu.cu/eventos/convencion