Thanks, Walt! I'm sure that would work, but it would leave me with a
non-adjustable volume, and I do want to be able to adjust it up when it's
not annoying to the XYL. I'm going to try a pair of computer speakers
tonight when I get home. I'm hoping the volume control on them will make
up for the deficiency of the control on the 746.
73
Dave
KB3MOW

> Put an 8 ohm resistor in place of the
speaker. Then across the 8 ohm
> speaker place a 600 ohm resistor
in searies with a small 2" speaker. You
> can vary the
series resistor from about 300-1200 ohms to adjust the
> volumn.
The series resistor won't bother the 8 ohm speaker output too

much.

Message-----