> I have not ever contacted anyone at FCC although I have contacted ARRL
> staff for help on such things. Perhaps one could contact Bill Cross, but
> it would be best if they have a clarification that is released for
> public knowledge rather than to one individual or a small group.
>
> Having said that, I personally have read the rules many, many times, and
> parts are very clear. The ones that I felt were what reasonable people
> would understand. It was Bonnie who disagreed.
>
> Nothing wrong with disagreeing, as long as you then explain why you
> disagree. She has not been able to do that. This seems to be her modus
> operandi based on previous interactions. And the reason is that she
> really can not refute the current rules.
>
> 73, Rick, KV9U

But rather that the entire fraternity being either
confused or breaking into opposing camps and operating
based on one or another *opinion* why not ask the
*rule makers* -- the FCC -- for a public clarification?

I think that I will send a request for clarification
to  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  and see what I discover.

--

Thanks! & 73, doc, KD4E
... in sunny & warm Florida  :-)