Bert,

I think you have to compare the previous privileges to the current
privileges. Under the new rules General, Advanced and Extra hams lose
150 KHz  for Data/RTTY from 3600 to 3750 and is a big impact although
most data/RTTY did not go much above say, 3650?

But it is a huge impact on the CW nets because only the Extra class have
the space immediately above 3600 for CW/Voice/image. That means few CW
nets will operate there, if any, since most CW nets include most classes
of operators.

Under the old rules, Generals could never operate 3750 to 3850 with any
mode. Now under the new rules they can not operate from 3600 to 3800. So
they lose 150 KHz of CW privileges from 3600 to 3750, but they do gain
50 KHz of voice/image from 3800 to 3850.

Advanced class could never operate 3750 to 3775 under the old rules.
Under the new rules they lose 100 KHz of CW privileges from 3600 to
3700, but they do gain 75 KHz voice/image from 3700 to 3775 and that
includes that 25 KHz that they could not operate before with any mode.

Since there are no new Advanced class operators coming on line, and
there are fewer of them as time progresses, we may see an even greater
number of Advanced upgrade to Extra. Compared to the past when we had to
go to an FCC examining station, and for some such as myself, this was
very expensive, today all you have to do is take a moderately difficult
test, but all the questions and answers in the pool are already known in
advance, unlike in the past. And there is no longer a 20 wpm code test
either. So upgrading from Advanced to Extra is relatively easy today and
new Extra privileges seem pretty worthwhile now.