Absolutely Joe.  I actually think that a test in digital mode applications
has more relevance that CW, although I am not advocating one.

Andy K3UK

----- Original Message -----
From: Joe9H5JO
To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, December 16, 2006 4:46 AM
Subject: [digitalradio] Re: FCC Drops Morse Code

And about time too! Let me state it: I AM NOT
AGAINST MORSE it is a very efficient mode of
communication and it should continue as a mode of
communication for those who want to use it.

But that is just what Morse is: ome MODE of
communication. Imagine having to have to sit an
exam for every mode you want to transmit in!
Imagine an exam for SSB, PSK31, RTTL, Olivia, and
any of the new digital modes!!! Ridiculous? I
agree! But then so is an exam in morse in my
opinion!

Joe, 9H5JO