Bill McLaughlin writes:
 > I thought the convention was 30 days to effectivity after the
 > announcement?

Changes in US regulations are normally effective 30 days after they
are published in the Federal Register.  For example, the omnibus
changes were announced in October, but not published in the FR until
15 November, and took effect on 15 December, despite the fact that the
October announcement included the full text of the adopted changes,
unlike Friday's press release.

I'll be surprised if the effective date is earlier than 1 February.

--
73 DE KW6H, ex-AE6VW   Chris Jewell, Gualala CA USA