Hello everyone,

That was an interesting observation by Andy K3UK. During the day the
band extends about 200-500 miles, this is what I have noticed having
made a few contacts into mainland Europe, mostly Germany.

I've tried sunset but have heard nothing and had no replies to CQ's,
but as for operating at dawn, absolutely no chance, the mouth or
brain doesn't function well these days at daybreak !

I seem to recall many years ago when I made some casual visits to 30
metres I was surprised to hear some weak Australian voices. For quite
a while  there were a couple of Frenchmen who used to chat every day.
I haven't heard them for some time so they must have been
ordered "off the grass"

N7DC seems to be doing quite well on 30 metres, its amazing to me
that he can contact so many people.

Kind regards, New Year greetings to All,

Mel G0GQK