Hello Andrew,

This happens during most every "contest"....I used to work contests
alot when I was younger and had more stamina....understand the
frustrations of many as some contest ops seem to not care about
anything other than points. "Gentleman's" agreements seem to be
predicated on people acting gentlemanly; alas such is oft not the
case. It is no different than during other contests....try carrying
out a qso on 2 or 6 meters within arm's reach of a "calling" freq
during a major VHF contest. Actually I listened quite abit and saw
RTTY sigs right on the 40 and 20 meter psk/digi calling freqs but
this was a contest where psk contacts "counted", I believe. Have no
problem with contest stations calling - I do have issues with anyone
jumping on top of a frequency that is in use (not limited to contest
stations). This was compounded last night (and in future nights) by
the limited band space on 75 meters for digital ops. One other
consideration; some contest stations/ops rarely if ever frequent the
digital mode sub-bands when a contest is not in progress..they only
operate during contests -- the more subtle issues of
any "gentleman's" agreements are either lost on them or they do not
care...I guess overall it means we have to adjust to contesters or
protest by means available.
Was alot easier when contests were fewer and far
between...think one reason I do not work most contests anymore is
that there are simply too many of them....when it was a contest every
few months it was interesting; when it became a contest every weekend
it became a pain.

73

Bill N9DSJ