  From: Danny Douglas
  To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Wednesday, January 17, 2007 6:59 PM
  Subject: Re: [digitalradio] video noise

  Geeee dont send them to the library.  As my wife (the librarian) would say.
He has gotta be kidding!   Few libraries even know there is such a thing as ham
radio, let alone have book on it.  Unless of course, someone like you or me has
bought an extra, and dontated one to them.  She is not gonna go out and spend
30 or 40 bucks for a book that maybe one guy in the county would look at (me).

  But yes - CRTs have been the bane of communications since they were invented.
 Very early on, I operated a BIG )meaning room full of tubes) computer, which
had an input of a tty machine.  Hmmmm - the outputs were tty machines too.
Then we finally got a crt, and took days to figure out how to make it quit
intefering with the hundred or so R390 receivers setting next door.    Radio
Shack ( usless tho they have become) did have some small split ring type rf
thingies you could wrap the ac and signal cords around to help.  Think they
have some square ones now, but the prices, like the few items they have left in
their stores, are crazy.    Hey - I needed a 1N270 from them last week (still
do) and they have esentially gone out of the parts business.

  Danny Douglas N7DC
  ex WN5QMX ET2US WA5UKR ET3USA
  SV0WPP VS6DD N7DC/YV5 G5CTB all
  DX 2-6 years each