From: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Andrew O'Brien
Sent: Wednesday, January 03, 2007 9:24 PM
To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [digitalradio] Problems Keying With WIN DRM and Icom 746

Rick,

By coincidence, I am going to visit a Icom 746 Pro this Friday afternoon.  A
ham that I talk to on 2 meters has been having all kinds of trouble getting
his rig to key with several different software applications.  I plan on
setting up WinDRM for him and should get a better idea on what the issues
are.

I see you have things set for 9600 baud but I found this statement:

"The Icom IC-746 uses 19200 Baud rate, 8 Data bits, None Parity, 1 Stop
bits. "  Did you try it with different baud rates?

Are you using a Rigblaster pro, plus, or plug and play ?  I found this
reference, not sure if it helps.

RIGblaster plug & play Operational Details:

*  CW keying is done by setting DTR high on the emulated serial port.

*  Standard PTT is done by setting RTS high on the emulated serial port.

The Icom IC-746 and similar radios use pin 6 on the 7 pin DIN ACC(2) jack
for PTT on the 2 meter band. Since the adapter only connects to the 8 pin
DIN ACC(1) jack, the RIGblaster plug & play cannot use standard PTT keying
for the 2 meter band. One solution is to use CAT control for transmit and
receive with the built-in CI-V interface

On 1/3/07, r_lwesterfield <r_lwesterfield@