Thanks, Eliot, but the cable between the PC and the 232 is working fine. I can communicate with the 232 no problem, and the 232 is obeying my commands, but the rig isn't keying from the 232. If it's a cable causing the problem, it would have to be the cable from the 5-pin DIN on the back of the 232 that runs to the ACC1 jack on the back of the 746. I don't think that is the cause, but instead think it's some soft switch I have to turn on in the 232. I just can't seem to find it hi hi!

73
Dave
KB3MOW

earicci wrote:

David:

I recently picked up a PK 232 on QRZ. Timewave is actually in the town
I live. I went to visit them, a good group of guys and their techs are
very knowledgable. They sold me that cable that you need for about
$12. ALso, they were very helpful just giving info. For instance, the
split parallel/serial cable that came with the original units has
problems with timings on new machines (he told me not to bother using
mine).

They do upgrades of the PK232's as well. If you can't find the cable,
they have it. www.timewave.com

73 Eliot KE0N