Hi Rick,

I carefully explained to each person taking the General test at our VE
session that they would have to come back again and pay $14 again in a
month or so for the actual license upgrade and they all nevertheless
wanted to take the test immediately.

I think they prepared when the news first came out and hadn't counted
on the FCC regulation implmentation delay and as you suggested, they
didn't want the studying to "leak out" by waiting another month.

Jamie Punderson, W2QO