From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 10:05 AM
Subject: [digitalradio] Working Asia from Eastern USA

Forgive a relative newbie if this is a dumb question:

My QTH is East Cost USA (about 50 miles north of Boston). I've been
working PSK31 (and other digital modes) a few hours a day for about 4
months now. I haven't once even HEARD a station in Asia or Oceania.

I've had pretty good luck into Europe, and I have QSOs as far south as
southern Africa (Namibia, Zambia, etc). And of course in good throughout
the US, into the caribbean, and down into central and (parts of) South
America.

Am I simply listening at the wrong time, or in the wrong place to find
Asia/Oceania? Am I doing something else wrong? Or is my setup here
(TS-2K barefoot and a dipole at 60 feet) simply too humble to allow my
signal to make the 6700 mile journey from Boston to Tokyo?

I'd appreciate a little elmering from the list on this topic...

TIA,

de Peter K1PGV

across the web, free AOL Mail and more.