I was just looking in part 97, (regarding the legality of ISB), and
noticed something else...

In the US, even though "regular" NBFM is legal above 29 MHz, it's only
legal for voice.  The entire 10-meter band is still split up between
RTTY/Data and Voice/Image like the rest of the HF bands..

So AFSK over FM on 29.xx MHz isn't legal here anyway.