Rockwells's military ARC-230 radio uses ISB to enable at least a theoretically
possible 19.2kb per second with ALE through SCOPE Command -9600 kbps per
sideband.  O f course, they do not ever achieve that rate given today's sunspot
situation but it is at least a laboratory possibility.  The E-3A AWACS with an
ARC-230 typically sees a far slower rate down in the 1200-2400 kbps range with
the ARC-230 but it is a BLOS link that is secure and avoids the use of a
precious satellite channel.  And very importantly, the ground station has no
need for an HF radio or its knowledge, just the SIPRNET and MS Outlook.   This
is all Google-able if you care to know more.  Try SCOPE Command first.

Rick - KH2DF/W5