--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, "expeditionradio"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Are you tuned so that the phase scope is centered?
> What software are you using, and how do you have the threshold
> (squelch) set, and the allowable frequency drift?
>
> Bonnie VR2/KQ6XA
> Hong Kong, etc.

The software is W1HKJ's fldigi.  Guess I could have rebooted into
Windows to try something else, but then I was getting perfect copy
on one of the stations.  Yes, they were both correctly tuned in
and the squelch was turned off.  I'm guessing there was some kind
of ionospheric activity affecting one signal path and not the other.
So I'm curious what kind of path activity can make such a mess of
Olivia.