It seems like there are a rather large number of frequencies on each
band for this mode. I could see perhaps one watering hole for ALE,
particularly since it is such a wide band mode. One ALE signal will take
up as much as all the PSK31 signals on a given band and probably even
more than that so it seems to me that we would want to be prudent with
having only one frequency. Individuals could come up with their own
frequencies or group spot frequency, but it would be better if they all
shared one frequency per band.

The many "rules" and procedures to operate ALE are far beyond what 99%
of radio amateurs would ever want to do on the HF bands, but if it could
act as an ARQ mode for keyboarding or messaging I can see where it could
be a stop gap measure until we get a better replacement for this feature.