  From: wavecrawler2007
  To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Friday, February 23, 2007 11:00 PM
  Subject: [digitalradio] Hello group!

  Hello to everyone.
  I have just found your group and decided to join.
  I am not really new to SWL or ham, but am new to
  digital communications.
  I am interested in receiving (and decyphering) RTTY and
  other digital signals.
  However, I am sure that because of my lack of familiarity
  with the different modes, I am having trouble using the
  various freeware software out there.

  Whenever I try to receive any RTTY or other similar messages,
  the text always appears as jibberish. I'm sure that I am not
  setting up the controls of the software correctly, so I'd like
  to ask anyone in the group for some help.

  How can I listen to a particular type of digital signal and know
  whether its RTTY, ARQ, etc, etc.

  I'm tired of getting nothing but jibberish and would like to
  get in on some of the interesting stuff coming in on my receiver.

  Thanks,

  WC