AFSK sends diddles , as in MIXW. Nice sounding? well..................

JOhn
VE5MU
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Andrew O'Brien
  To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Sunday, February 25, 2007 10:19 AM
  Subject: Re: [digitalradio] That pesky FSK RTTY

  Thanks Danny and Rick.  So,  before sound cards,  I used an old fashioned TNC
and a rig that would only do AFSK not FSK.  How did that work ?   One thing I
did not like about the TNC days was that when sending RTTY it did not generate
any of that nice  sounding RTTY diddles.  Will that now be the case again, when
I start using FSK ?  I like soome tines when i am transmitting, not silence.

  Andy.