I am pleased that ARQ FAE, a modest speed 8 bit ASCII data ARQ sound
card mode, is available for the first time on MS OS. This is a major
breakthough.

The speed is slower than P2 and we must not forget that the bandwidth is
extremely wide at 4 times P2. But it is moving us in the right direction
for higher speed ARQ sound card modes that work much deeper into the
noise than the previous attempt with SCAMP.

ARQ FAE is in the 150 + wpm speed, Pactor 2 can got up to maybe 500 wpm,
maybe more with compression? SCAMP was close to 1000 wpm and had a
slightly wider footprint than ARQ FAE, but that was under really good
conditions.

In comparison, P3 has a similar footprint but can operate with a raw
speed of over 2000 wpm and with compression can get way over 3000 wpm in
the best conditions.

So we have a long way to go, but we are making progress.