For pinouts and wiring for digital connections to rigs, I often refer to
the microham products listing and go to their cables section for a given
product. They show the TS850S as similar to older Kenwood rigs such as
my TS-440S, except the 440 did not have FSK. Can you find a separate RCA
phono jack on the back of the rig for the FSK keying connection?

http://www.microham-usa.com/Products/MK/Cables/DB37-TS-6.pdf

It has been over 15 years since I wired up a Kenwood 13 pin DIN for my
Kenwood TS-440SAT but this is from my manual and what the pins do:

3 - Data output - Output level is fixed regardless of the AF control
setting. Output voltage: 300 mv or more at maximum receiving input with
a 4.7 K ohm load
4 - Grounding - the shielded wire of the audio output terminal is
connected here
8 - Ground
9 - MIC mute - Signal output from the MIC jack is muted. Grounding mutes
signal
11- Data input - Input terminal for data communication. In SSB, MIC gain
can be controlled by the MIC control. Input voltage: 500 mv or less
(SSB: Voltage starts deflecting ALC. FM: Voltage providng + and - 3.0
kHz modulation ratio.)
12 - Grounding - The shielded wire of the audio input is connected here.
13 - Standby Standby terminal Grounding transmits.

I don't know if the 870 series has additional AFSK line in and out RCA
phono connectors as does the 440,  but I made note to myself that the
Data Input on the 13 pin DIN jack ... "appears that this input is after
the mic am/processor IC4 so needs much more voltage than the AFSK IN
Jack which is parallel with the Mic Input."

It was very convenient to break out the wiring to a small minibox that
had a toggle switch that enabled me to ground pin 9 and thereby mute the
microphone circuit and avoid accidental transmission of mic audio on
digital transmissions.

You might want to take a look at KE4MOB's website on the MFJ1278B and
FSK issues. I assume you will be using the header jumper in the 1278 to
run FSK which is much better than attempting to use the internal AFSK
generator.

http://www.qsl.net/ke4mob/