Andy,

Here in Singapore the government has historically only allowed us to
use 7.000 to 7.100 on 40 m.  Interestingly, I found out that the CW
vs. SSB sub-bands are not mandated by the government.  They don't care
about that. So we just go by the IARU Region 3 Bandplan that says the
Phone sub-band starts at 7.030.

Just a while ago the Singapore government allowed us to go up to
7.200, using 7.100 to 7.200 as a secondary service as long as we
stayed off 7.135, 7.160 and 7.170.  During the ARRL DX SBB contest I
could therefore have finally worked a US station simplex in that part
of  the band.  Funny though, the only ones I worked on 40m were the
ones I worked as they worked split, listening for the Japanese
stations in the 7.050 to 7.100 area since the Japanese stations still
cannot go above 7.100.

Bob, 9V1QQ

-
-- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew O'Brien" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>