Peter,

A bit over the top for most reasonable folks. The majority of Americans
shop at Wal-Mart except maybe a few on the fringe or extreme upper
income. We shop at War-Mart because of the convenience of having
everything in one place, even in a rural area where I live. Without
them, I would be paying 20 to 30% more for many of our groceries and
other products, or we would have to drive 40+ miles to La Crosse to find
similar discounted prices. Not to mention being open 24/7 which was not
available to us in the past.

The La Crosse Technology products are distributed by the next door
neighbor to a nearby ham acquaintance. They live just across the
Mississippi River from La Crosse. You can buy La Crosse Technologies
products from many sources. You are welcome to pay an additional $10
that you can expect to pay at full price stores or pay a lower price at
a discount source of which Wal-Mart is only one.

The point is that there is a lot of technology that goes into this kind
of equipment, has a nice appearance, huge digital readout for even those
of us somewhat sight impaired, remote sensor, etc. To call those in
another country, slaves, does a disservice on an international group
such as ours, and is also factually untrue. The standard of living
continues to increase at a double digit rate in China although perhaps
not quite as fast as it has been increasing the last decade or two.

KV9U