and...
"JT65 transmits messages using 65-tone frequency-shift keying at 2.7
baud.  The lowest tone  at 1270.5 Hz is used to establish time and
frequency synchronization; it is switched on for  half of the time,
according to a pseudo-random on-off pattern.  The remaining tone
intervals  carry the user message, using a Reed-Solomon code for
forward error correction. The three  JT65 submodes all use the same
code and modulation scheme, but the spacing between  tones is
different—approximately 2.7, 5.4, and 10.7 Hz for modes A, B, and C,
respectively.  A transmission in one submode must be received in the
same submode.  If the equipment  and propagation path are stable
enough that the measured width of the sync tone is  consistently 4 Hz
or less, JT65A will be about 1 dB more sensitive than mode B and 2 dB
more sensitive than C.
Shorthand JT65 transmissions consist of alternating tones, each
lasting 1.486 s.  The lower
of the two frequencies is always at the sync-tone frequency, 1270.5
Hz, and the separation
between tones is given in the following table:
Message
JT65A
JT65B
JT65C
ATT              26.9 Hz           53.8               107.7 Hz
RO
53.8
107.7 Hz
215.3
RRR
80.8
161.5
323.0
73
107.7
215.3
430.7  "

--
Andy K3UK
Skype Me :  callto://andyobrien73

Announce your digital  presence via our DX Cluster telnet://cluster.dynalias.org

Our other groups:

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: