I might mention that upon looking at the Donner's website, they had a
USB to COM serial adapter but they were not sure if it worked with MS
Vista. I contacted them recently and had several e-mail exchanges with
Mrs. Donner since she wanted to know about my experiences with Vista and
I shared some of the pros and cons.

Their adapter is the same as sold by other suppliers such as Newegg. It
is a "no name" kind of product and based upon the picture and mini CD
disk and packaging almost has to be the same product. Not only does this
interface work with Vista, the drivers are already in Vista so you just
plug it in and it works.

Although Vista has some downsides, I am beginning to see that the
positives well outweigh the negatives, especially for average and/or
non-technical users. I like stuff that "just works" for a change.
Especially for digital radio purposes. Since DX Lab Commander works well
with Multipsk, this continues to be my digital software choice. One
simplification I have recently tried is to use wxLogbook in place of the
DX Lab logging program which I have not been able to get to work with
Vista (although others claim they have had no problem). wxLogbook seems
to work just fine with Vista.