I think this is a great idea for all digital modes.
I did a prototype in gmfsk of "Vaisual CQ" and I think it is more useful
than the visual mode ID that many digimode programs now sport.  I don't
know how well it would work for JT65a if the goal is readability into
the noise, but with PSK, it worked pretty nicely.  I hope to modify the
modeid postamble in fldigi to do this.
73,