Got 1.5 out of 4 right :)

To qualify: Think the best "path test" for HF is JT65A, soon to be
more versatile for that..

Best for HF email: either PSKmail, PAX/PAX2 or some AX.25 varient

Best weak signal keyboard chats: depends on how you define "weak
signal" - too many candidates to mention unless more narrowly defined.

Best for contesting: Good choices Andy, but guess it
depends....good/bad old RTTY is more popular....a few modes like {for
a random example} PSK63 with FEC (PSK63F) have been tried too little
to make judgement. A few would claim "best for contesting" would be a
dummy load...opinions vary :)

Interesting questions though....a few others come to mind: Best for
Nets, Best for crappy stations (has a special appeal to me), Best for
Just Fun....list can go on and on. Biggest issue, "Best" if often not
the "Best"..

73

Bill, N9DSJ

--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew O'Brien"