--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew O'Brien"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> A good random rant !  Even if someone enabled the code in  free
soundcard
> software,.  Maybe someone has a Pactor III modem that can be
accessed via
> the web?    If we ran audio from our rigs to a web interfaced modem,
would
> it decode the audio?
>
> Andy
Nope...I am suggesting a free program that allows the thousands of
digital hams to self police, monitor and report operations of Pactor
III MBO's which do not follow the law and the spirit of amateur radio
operations, specifically prohibitions of use of amateur radio for
commercial proposes.

Every one of these PT III MBO's operating on Amateur frequencies
should be held to high standard of making sure that the service is not
being used for commercial purposes....ever! The only way to insure
that standard is the tradition of self policing that amateur radio was
built on, and is impossible now that there is a closed proprietary
modulation and coding scheme in use on our bands.

I'm not even talking about the technical issue about being able to
converse in this mode, merely monitor it, which by the way MixW can do
for Packtor I right now I believe.