Erik,
I'd put the "blame" on contest organizers who establish digital mode
(PSK) contest categories like 50W+.

If people come into digital modes "up the ladder" - asking someone
else - I can't believe most would learn that 50W+ is not being a good
neighbor. So what is the incentive? If a contest has a category for
high power - hot doggies, I guess that means 75W on PSK is okay after all.

You are not alone.
73,
Paul

--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, list email filter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Now, everyone remember their (and my) blood pressure... just a minute
> while I get the asbestos armor adjusted...
>
> <Rant>
> What would the bands be like if say... digital contest points were ahhh
> divided by power output, and people started working on operating skills?
>
> Or does the concept of using the minimal power necessary for reliable
> communications really fly in the face of the plug-n-play point-n-click
> crowd?
> </Rant>
>
> I know it's not a new idea, just getting tired of seeing my whole
> waterfall blank out to a single station.  Honestly, there are stations
> out there that are worse than my microwave oven.  Oh well, at least I
> know how well my IF Shift works, and I've finally found a use for my
> narrow filter on the digital modes.
>
> Well, I feel much better now. ;)
>
> --
> 73,
>
> Erik
> N7HMS
> IRLP Node 3804 445.975 Simp PL103.5
>
> Emails sent directly to this address instead of going through a yahoo
> group are automatically processed as junk mail, so I never see them.
 If