No I don't have any inside info.  I have to admit I don't pay much
attention to HF.

What usually detours ham from trying something new is when they aren't
sure if it's permitted.

I think just the opposite... no biggie once and a while.  If something
becomes regular someone might want to have clarification or a rules
change if warranted.  And thats usually prompted by whatever the
current trends are.

I know if it was the commission, in the grand scheme of things I'd
rather not have to address a rather small issue.

As for your question, while you didn't specify the underlying
transmission method, I'd have to say image.

You could also compare it against ITU designators.