Simon,

When MT63 was "popular" it was because of the expectation that it was a good
mode for poor conditions and it was somewhat better than others for handling
QRM.  It appeared to die because there was a lot of criticism of the
bandwidth it utilized.  I rarely hear a signal these days but usually it is
14077  when I hear it.
Andy.

--
Andy K3UK