We've been around this mulberry bush before; I don't think there are
many "anti-wide" people on this list, or anywhere else. Most
criticism involving Pactor is not focused on the mode itself, but
rather on unattended operation without busy detection.

I was just trying to get a feel for how many different stations are
using Pactor in keyboard-to-keyboard mode; I assumed you kept a log,
and could easily check. As you know, I have a PTC-IIe, but it is
connected to a backup transceiver and generally only gets used for
regression testing WinWarbler and for identifying WinLink PMBOs. Andy
K3UK's question got me thinking about connecting the PTC-IIe to my
primary transceiver.

    73,

       Dave, AA6YQ

--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, "John Becker, WØJAB" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>