There is no debate about Pactor modems being capable of detecting
Pactor stations on frequency. The debate is whether or not its
reasonable for digital mode operators not interested in Pactor to
have to purchase a Pactor modem in order to protect themselves from
Winlink QRM.

   73,

      Dave, AA6YQ

--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, "John Becker, WØJAB" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> He is right. Any pactor will know if another pactor station is on
frequency.

> But in fact I have 2, count em one, two  - SCS TNC's.
>

> John, W0JAB
> in the center of fly over country
>
> At 09:58 PM 10/14/2007, you wrote:
> >You've taken this out of context, John.
> >
> >Jose pointed out that a Winlink PMBO will not transmit there's a
> >Pactor signal on frequency, implying that we should protect
ourselves
> >from PMBO QRM by purchasing a Pactor modem that we'd quickly fire
up
> >whenever we were QRM'd. Alternatively, we could all stop using
PSK,