--- Dave 'Doc' Corio <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>     Hi, Chuck. Since that is just about the exact
> dimension for a "choke
> balun" from the original Windom design, would it
> have any effect on the
> impedance? I suppose I could just wrap it up and see
> for myself, but
> thought I should at least be nice enoough to
> respond, since you took the
> time to answer my post.
>
> Tnx!
> Dave KB3MOW

It should not have any effect.  Depending on the size
of the coax (rg-8 or rg-58) I would coil it up in a 5
inch to a 1 foot in diameter coil outside the shack.
If there is any RF on the outside of the coax, it will
help keep it out of the shack.  If there is not any rf
on the outside of the coax , then it will not have any
effect.