  From: Jose Amador
  To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Tuesday, November 06, 2007 22:33 UTC
  Subject: Re: [digitalradio] 10 MHz Amateur Radio balloon to Cross the Atlantic

  I believe it falls, jurisdictionwise, in the same case as a satellite.
  It must be licensed by some administration, and also, do not
  violate the spectrum boundaries of others under it.

  That is cleat on the satellite bands, but not so in HF, in a non
  satellite activity allocated band.

  Jose, CO2JA.

  ---

  Phil Barnett escribió:

  > On Monday 05 November 2007, Rick Karlquist wrote:
  > > FCC part 97.203d says that this frequency (10.123) is not
  > > authorized for automatically controlled beacon stations. It is not
  > > clear that this balloon is under any kind of manual control. I see
  > > that telemetry is an OK 1 way transmission 97.111.b.7, but there is
  > > the question of control.
  > >
  > > Maybe someone can educate me how this is legal.
  >
  > I doubt that the FCC has jurisdiction over the Atlantic Ocean
  > airspace.

  Participe en Universidad 2008.
  11 al 15 de febrero del 2008.
  Palacio de las Convenciones, Ciudad de la Habana, Cuba
  http://www.universidad2008.cu