I have tried MultiPSK on packet and it is interesting, works well  but
is only a terminal.

I once comented that converting MultiPSK into a full fledged packet
mailbox was too much,
considering all the other things it does well.

I have not tried, but maybe with TCP/IP it could be done...using MultiPSK as
a Layer 1 (modem) with a true mailbox,  maybe, JNOS, even when I would
prefer something
like Thunder or Linpac under Linux.

For HF, having a visible waterfall is a plus that PK-232's did not enjoy.

Having MultiPSK available for such acrobatics would be something like a
"swiss knife" with an extra "feature connector".

73,

Jose,  CO2JA

PS: Maybe packet is dead, but I still love it. I never got addicted with
APRS.
And I mean packet as BBS's used it, because I have also used Pactor for
that,
and is much more robust than the old phone modems that someone in an almost
forgotten day patched to the AX.25 protocol. There is nothing more
permanent
than provisional solutions....

Andrew O'Brien escribió:

>  -I find Multipsk for packet with a soundcard much easier  than AGW.
>  For PSK Winwarbler, DM780, MUltipsk and others will work well, for
>  PSK250 though you may need FL-DIGI or MixW.
>

>  I'm not sure about the hook-up for your radio but I agree, the data
>  jack is better than the MIC jack, usually.
>
>  Andy K3UK

Participe en Universidad 2008.
11 al 15 de febrero del 2008.
Palacio de las Convenciones, Ciudad de la Habana, Cuba
http://www.universidad2008.cu