  From: Brian A
  To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Saturday, November 17, 2007 6:24 AM
  Subject: [digitalradio] Re: A challenge to RTTY operators!

  Robert,

  Thanks for pointing this out. The link is for 1999.

  Regarding WF1F/RITTY.

  The 1998 manual I have for WF1B (a DOS program) shows support for
  RITTY as a DOS TSR. Earlier manuals don't show it. I recall trying
  to get a sound card going in DOS. It was a real bear-- at least for
  the Soundblaster card I had. TSR's were flaky too.

  WF1B later became unusable as CPU speeds approached 1GHZ. It simply
  quit. Timing loop indicies became too large integers for their type
  in the code. Attempts to use "CPU slow down" programs to contiue to
  use WF1B were not too successful. The author had quit supporting WF1B
  at that time. The PASCAL source was available but nobody picked it up
  to fix this. RIP WF1B.

  All this history sort of indicates the 1999 to be the start of useful
  software/sound card RTTY for contesting or other use.

  73 de Brian/K3KO

  --- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Chudek" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

  http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/235

  > 73 de Bob - KØRC in MN

  TU that
  > > was from QST magazine and called "The State of the Art TU." It most
  > > assuredly was not, but being naive and new to RTTY found it to be a
  > very
  > > poor performer. It was actually only detecting one of the tones with
  > the
  > > tone decoder!
  > >
  > > This was before computers became popular and I was interfacing
  with a
  > > Model 15 TTY and a homebrew loop circuit. I was able to borrow
  an huge
  > > tube ST-6 design TU and that was much better. Then computers
  started to
  > > be available at more affordable prices and I moved to the
  Commodore 64
  > > and a ROM based software package. Later I had the Kantronics
  UTU, and